cheribustos: @MikeNitzel Thanks for volunteering!
As the mother to three boys – all products of the public schools – I know the importance of well-equipped schools and well-prepared and well-paid teachers. In Congress, I will work hard to support our public schools and expand educational opportunities for lifelong learning.
It is an outrage that the average college graduate enters the workforce with more than $25,000 in student loan debts. If education is the priority we say it is, then we need to back it up by protecting grant programs and working to reduce student loan costs.
- Reform No Child Left Behind with more support for teachers and accountability that doesn’t lead to classrooms just teaching to the test.
- Expand Head Start and early learning opportunities.
- Reform student loans to reduce costs for college.
- Protect and expand college scholarships like Pell Grants.
- Improve vocational and job training opportunities for children who decide not to attend college.